Sunday, September 13, 2009

Biscuits n Gravy...

I think sometimes I think too much...do you ever do that? I analyze things I've said, things I've done, what people were thinking of me when I said and did those things. I guess it's a little of that high school insecurity that creeps into my head and makes me second guess myself. I hated high school!!

But this morning, my mind is racing again. Random and borderline ADD thoughts...see if you can follow...hehe. Thinking hard. Sometimes I think the Holy Spirit creates that racing line of thoughts going through my head. As I'm sitting here waiting on my 75 biscuits to cook (we are SUPER DUPER hungry this morning!! nah, church event later on ;) I have this song on my mind, by Jimmy Needham. It's called Fence Riders - a good friend introduced me to the Jimmy Needham music and I have to say, it's hard hitting and real. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE praise and worship music, but this stuff is meaty and speaks to where I'm at in my precious, wonderful walk with my Maker. Here's a link if you want to hear it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b54uONSRpUY

Basically, it speaks to the fact that we, as Born Again Believers, aren't taken seriously, but we should be. It's calls out the ones that scoff at us, at our love for Christ...essentially the ones that laugh in God's face. Even more specifically than that, it's calling out the ones that just ride the fence in their love for God. Just think...I know one of our main goals is to win souls to Christ,
right? But imagine if we won back the fence riders. The ones that already know of God or even know God as Savior but aren't walking with Him. Could you imagine if we had THAT many more working for our cause?? I think we all know that the Church as a whole has failed miserably at discipleship, right? Win em to Christ, then get em to help with the next fundraiser...that's our view of discipleship these days (of course, not mine personally, but so many churches are very much in that mindset). I don't think it's something we have done on purpose, but Satan had a purpose it it. The enemy is the one that orchestrated this whole debacle of discipleship. At church last night my Pastor spoke of this...Satan has a real plan of attack, make no mistake and the Church is his first and favorite target. After all, if he hits the major organ supplying the knowledge and growth of God's people, then he's been successful.

How do we change that? By being real. By staying Christ centered...being of one like mind in the body of Christ. Having the goals and the dreams that the Bible dictates we are supposed to. When we stick to God's goals and not our own, the possibilites are endless! We also have to stay aware and on guard to evade Satan. We are always a target of his as long as we are walking and working for Christ. My pastor made the comment last night that it's not a good idea to attack hell with a water gun...I am not attacking Satan, but when he attacks me, I am equipped with more than a water gun. I have the Holy Trinity on my side and a slew of fellow believers to back me up.

So I've gone from thinking...to biscuits (hungry yet??)...to a song about riding the fence...to the discipleship of the church...to the attack of Satan...all random, yet somehow connected. These are the thoughts the Holy Spirit has put in my head. Sometimes it's overwhelming...but right now it fires me up, makes me ready go out and win souls to God...disciple...and grow in Him...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great post. I want to link you into the Feed the Need facebook page to get more exposure for your blog. People need to read these fantastic insights. The Holy Spirit is working through you...

    ReplyDelete