Monday, September 21, 2009

For Real...

So I was explaining to a friend tonight why I started my blog. I told him that it was really more like a personal journal, I guess I could have used a big AP English word and told him that it is "cathartic" for me. Go find Mr. Webster if you don't know that one!! And for you young ones out there (haha, like I have any youngins ready an old lady blog!), I know you probably learned what cathartic meant in third grade...but I digress. I have to make a true confession here...the real reason I started the blog was because I watched the movie, Julie and Julia, a few weeks ago and I thought blogging looked like a good way to document my insanity (so I guess both are true then??).

I hear that being completely truthful is the way to go, so I'll admit something else. This blog is largely what God has laid on my heart, with a few random ramblings of my own thrown in. Do I have a goal with my ramblings...no, it's just what I fill in with when the Holy Spirit lays quiet. Haha! But do I have a goal with what God lays on my heart? Kind of. I don't know what His goals are though. Maybe to lead one or two or fifteen or twenty to Christ (I hope and pray so!)?? Maybe it's to encourage or admonish one specific person that the Holy Spirit led this way. Or maybe it's just so someone can get a short, small taste of God that day. Whatever God's reasons are, I'm enjoying doing it. I don't hear voices like "get the men in white coats to take her away" voices, but I sure hear God, through His Holy Spirit, throughout the day. I love it when He talks to me through those beautiful, inspired 66 love letters He had written for you and I. I love it when His Holy Spirit whispers inaudibly to my heart, or places a thought in my mind. I've learned that being focused, entirely centered on God, allows me to know when He speaks to me. Even when I'm not entirely focused on Him, I still hear His Holy Spirit, gently nudging me back to where I need to be, because I walk with Him daily.

Now, if you aren't a born again believer...if you aren't believing on the fact that Jesus Christ was sent to this earth to die for our sins and that He rose again on the third day...if you don't have that personal relationship with your Saviour, then you probably do think we need to call the men in the little white coats. But you see, it's as simple as your ABC's. Admit to God you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus is the Son of God and Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and you'll be saved from those sins in your life. Doesn't make life peachy keen, but the rewards, both here on earth and eternally, are unbelievable.

If you are a believer and you don't hear from God...we need to re-evaluate. If you aren't in His Word, then you certainly won't hear from Him there. Being in His Word, knowing it, and living it, enables you to be prepared to hear from the Holy Spirit. And being centered on God (His Word is a large part of that too!) further enhances your ability to sense His presence and know when He is speaking to you.

Does the Holy Spirit go silent on me sometimes? Yep. Even sometimes when I'm centered on God, that's when faith kicks in. And my condolences to anyone who reads this if I'm not centered and hearing from God, because then you get me, and only me. Me and my ADD ramblings. So good luck with that, but I encourage you, get close to Him and listen to what He has to say...He may just say something life changing to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment