Friday, September 11, 2009

I guess we all remember where we were when the world stopped turning 8 years ago. I was at my mom and dad's house. I don't remember why my dad was home, but he was. We were getting ready to paint the kitchen when the Fox 8 morning news switched over to the FoxNews station...I get chills now just thinking about it. Watching the coverage that morning, I could only sit and snuggle my 11 month old baby. We went about our morning like normal, we even went to Home Depot to buy paint...that's when the plane hit the Pentagon. I just remember wanting to go home to my husband so I would feel safe.

How dare someone have the audacity to come to my homeland and attack my people? How dare someone feel so superior to me that they want me murdered. That is what they wanted. That's what they want now. Me, you, our children, anyone who doesn't believe in what they believe. Anyone that believes that the Muslim faith is peaceful, has never read the Koran and doesn't know their history.

I am beyond blessed that I was born in this country and to a family that raised me well. I understand that, it was the hand God dealt me. But I am glad that in the free will God gave me to choose what to believe, that He lent me His Holy Spirit to bring the sweetest conviction to my heart to know Him. I am thankful that God has allowed my heart to be opened to, not only His Word and the freedom of salvation that was given to us all, but also for growing me. I am thankful He has brought me to a conviction of knowing I need to be all I can for Him, every day. That is how we fight hate...the kind of hate that befell us on September 11, 2001. We love the Lord our God with all that we have, we strive to grow in Him and in spiritual maturity, and we win others to that grace and salvation that He so freely gives, so that they may in turn live a life sold out for Him. That's how we fight hate...that's how we have victory over the enemy!

No comments:

Post a Comment