Monday, September 21, 2009

I normally only torture my 3 blog readers once a day or even every other if my fingers are still and my mind is silent. But I have to share this...if you read my blog yesterday you may have gotten a hint of my disgust for the media today, sexualizing little girls...and you may have gotten a hint of my desire for my daughter to understand and appreciate the beautiful creation she is in God. So this issue has been a huge one on my mind for a while now...and then I get a flier in the mail today for the Ssecret Keeper Girl Tour coming to Concord in November. It's all about little girls and their moms digging into God's Word and finding out just how special they are as a creation of His. It goes into why girls don't have to sell out and strive for that unattainable goal of a perfect body or the perfect image (ie clothes, friends, look, attitude..etc). So here's the site...
www.secretkeepergirl.com

Take your time and peruse it. Whether you have boys or girls or both, you will appreciate this stand this one person has decided to take and how she now has over 10,000 people on board with her.

God's timing is unmistakably perfect. I can't wait to pack up my little girl and head off down to Concord to see these folks do their thing...what a huge impact they can have. And if we try, we can have just as big of an impact on our own families...if we just put forth the effort!

2 comments:

  1. "Toddlers and Tiaras". I have seen the previews of this show. I can't for the life of me understand why the parents want to put these little girls through this. I admit that I have watched a few minutes of this show. It seems to me that it is the parents that are living through their little girls. What "precious little pumkins" they are raising. Wait until they hit the teenage years. You and Paul are doing a wonderful job raising Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I know it...I get so discouraged going to stores and seeing the trashy clothes out there for girls Gracie's age. And the magazines and tv portray these kids with "perfect body images" that real kids can never acheive. And the thing is, they know what kind of pressure this puts on kids, yet they do it to sell...and I'm sick of it! I don't want Gracie to grow up with the same self esteem issues I did! So I'm choosing to stop the cycle. I tell her everyday how beautiful she is and how much I love her freckles and what a special creation of God's she is. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete