Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ode to My FBBFF

I am missing my FBBFF right now. She is the ying to my yang, the night to my day, the all around finishing piece of my puzzle. Right now I'm relegated to receiving the occasional text regarding whatever FABU restaurant they are visiting at Myrtle Beach, the periodic picture of a strange man in rubber boots and a swimsuit walking down the beach, or some such gab. What is a FBBFF you ask?? My Facebook Best Friend Forever...we all have them right? Or am I the strange one in the crowd?? She's the one that always has an answer, smart aleck or sweet to even my dumbest, most neurotic FB posts. She's the one that can sense my moods even through my obsessive comments and notes. She's my FBBFF...

We've known each other for a couple of years...through school, etc. Then came "FACEBOOK". That (insert sarcasm) evil, morally decrepit, hate mongering avenue for kids, and now frighteningly enough adults, to commune via the internet...to post their thoughts and feelings for all the world (or their "accepted friends") to see. And, not to go completely ADD on you, but "accepted friends"...yeah, let's go there for a minute or two...did anyone else go through that brief moment of high school teen angst when sending a friend request to one of your high school "acquaintances" for the first time?? Okay, maybe that was just me...I'm an adult now and I have the ability to network without anxiety, but for that brief, fleeting moment...

Well, again, I digress. So Facebook comes along (or, haha, I finally came out from under the rock I was living under and found FB) and I make a new friend. My FBBFF and I had the ability to knock around ridiculous, senseless banter for hours...it was great. My friends will recall the peep project of 09"...

So now that my FBBFF thinks I'm a stalker, I'll end it up with this...to my bestest of best friends...you are not fired, but I am adding another neurotic mind to the bunch. If we were a bouquet, we'd (and YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!) make up a colorful arrangement of neurotic, ADD layden, OCD blessed flowers...and now I'm adding one more to the mix!

God has blessed me with great girl friends...He intends for us to have great friends that we can fellowship and have fun with...so we can keep each other in line, confide, love, admonish and encourage one another...so we can lead one another and guide each other when we find ourselves losing our place, losing our grip on life. He's blessed me with great friends that I love very much and I am very thankful for. God sent us His sweet Holy Spirit to comfort and help us...in many ways, but He also sends very special friends our way to be a bright spot in this short time on earth...I don't think I can describe how humbling that is to me...that God showed me favor with such wonderful friends :)

And to my perfectly normal friends I've left out...well, I love you but you're boring...haha! (no worries, couldn't think of any Normal friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment