Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturdays that start out with one's neighbor plugging his rock hard, dry as a bone yard with the use of his allterrain vehicle, can never be good. Not that I mind being awakened by my neighbor's yard adventures, on the contrary, no self respecting 31 year old woman should still be in bed at 9:30am on a Saturday. Especially when said woman has already been approached twice by her 8 year old requesting breakfast. No, the problem is, that, well, the neighbor made me feel guilty...with a capital "G". Here I am, sleeping the day away, when my nasty **Disclaimer - nasty in the terms of a person with OCD and nasty in the terms of a "Normal" person are completely different** house is waiting for me. My daughter's room (the hungry 8 year old) looks like Barbie threw up in it and then the laundry fairy not long after her. Bathrooms?? Ugh! Floors?? Ugh! Laundry?? Surely we can wear the same clothes that we wore, say, on Thursday? Yeah, Thursday wasn't a sweaty, food stained day!

But I digress...so, I roll out. Fix myself two hard boiled eggs for breakfast (cause that darn "Eat Right For Your Type" diet won't let me have wheat or dairy, so breakfast is, well, boring) and start making my list. An hour later, after FB has been updated, the kiddo is fed and I make sure the hubby is still breathing (still in the bed at this point), I get dressed and get started. Two seconds into my cleaning frenzy, a sweet friend drops by with two precious pumpkins for me. Diversion #1 out of the way. So I resume cleaning...at this point, the hubby decides to roll over, roll out, get dressed, and....gasp....help clean. WITHOUT ME EVEN ASKING OR GIVING DIRECTIONS! Bizarro world (my Seinfeld friends can identify here).

Two hours later, three "If You Don't Get Started On This Room in the Next 5 Minutes..." threats to the 8 year old and one trip to the dump and Subway, the house is mostly clean. So I relax...yeah right. Onto tossing the Barbies, Polly Pockets and 400 Barbie clothes and accessories into their rightful rubbermaid containers, grabbing a quick shower and dressing for Saturday night church. CHURCH?

As I get dressed for church, my mind starts wandering...anyone else have that syndrome? Doing my hair and makeup do that to me...So, I begin wondering. Does God ever look at me like I look at housework?? Bathrooms....Ugh. Floors...Ugh. Laundry...you get the idea? I wonder if sometimes I grieve Him enough that He simply cannot stand to even think of me that day. I know I am trying to live the life that He wants me to, but I know I fall short every day (I suppose we all do, we are only human and He is absolute perfection). Scripture (it's late,not looking it up right now) tells us that God merely tolerates us. Even our best, it says, is pitiful in God's eyes. So how much my shortcomings and failings must grieve Him, even disgust Him. I can know this and simply try harder each day. But I can also know, that through the death, burial and victorious resurrection of Jesus Christ, I am forgiven of these things...and so I sleep a little easier at night. Repenting is hard, but God's forgiveness comes so easily. So why do we make it so difficult to accept? Anywho...God called me years ago to admonish, encourage, love and teach his precious women about His amazing love and mercy and to help them grow to a passion for Him that is unsurpassed by any other interest or passion in their life...but I am reminded today of His love and mercy for me. So I guess, there are just some days that the neighbor waking you up can be looked at as a good day...a day God will once again reveal Himself to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment