Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do you ever have one of those days where God just grabs you by the heart and won't let go? I had one this week. I love those days! It starts out first thing in the morning...nothing really felt any different..until I caught a glimpse of my sweet husband creeping out the door to let the dog out...creeping so he wouldn't wake us up...and I thought, man, I am so blessed to have a husband that will get up while it's still dark, work hard all day and come home - you got it, once it's dark again. All for his family. And I say a quick prayer of thanks to God for making this man just for me - I mean, can you imagine? Before I was conceived He had already put Paul on this earth...to be my husband! And my heart swells and it was honestly like God said...you're welcome :) So I'm in a pretty good mood, right? Let's progress...I finish my hair and decide it's time to go get the morning monster, Gracie, up. As sweet and precious as my sweet girl is, she is NOT a morning kind of girl (she gets it honest from her Mommy!). I find her in the living room, dressed, with hair brushed and shoes on! My first instinct was to ask her, "who are you, and what have you done with the real Gracie?". But before I can ask, she says, "I thought it would be nice for you if you didn't have to drag me out of bed today Mommy", so again, I say a prayer of thanks to God for my beautiful girl, and for Him laying it on her hear to get up and get ready for school on her on...to make my life a little easier today. And honestly, again, it was like He said...you're welcome. I realize, in an instant, this is one of those days. I begin to look forward to these constant reminders He is giving me of His love for me :)

I take Gracie to school, with some of our favorite praise and worship music blaring. Her particular favorite is anything by Barlow Girl, so we rock it out with the B Girls. Hey, anything to keep her listening to the good stuff, right?? I drop her off in the circle at school (after many, many, many butterfly kisses and few sloppy cheeky kisses) and I head off to work. On my way, I change from the cd to the radio...and the song, How He Loves Us, by the David Crowder band (you may be listening to it now if your sound is turned up!) came on. I just got lost in the words. In the meaning. Driving south on I-85 I could feel my Creator's love in a way that is not describable with words. How do you begin to describe that feeling of being pulled into the Father's lap, and being loved supernaturally? He began to show me, in so many ways, how He loves me...the good, the bad and the ugly. Instead of feeling less than worthy and despicable (how can I NOT be despicable in His sight?) He allows me to see that He loves me inspite of myself. He loves me unconditionally in such a way that I could never possibly deserve. Grace. Grace is such a beautiful, unmeasurable gift that I am thankful for always.

So on this day, God took me by the heart, straight out of the box and never let go. There are days that I feel like I fight all day long. There are days that, while I know God is there and I talk to Him periodically, I still feel at a distance. And then there are so many days that I feel so less than worthy that I don't feel capable of approaching Him (but I still do!). And then there was this day, that He loved me and held me and filled my heart with His Holy Spirit. And I was thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment