Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There's a WHAT??? in my Pizza??

Man, 2:15am seems like a long time ago. I think we laid down for bed at something like 10:30pm and of course my racing mind didn't allow sleep to come until about 1am. So an hour and 15 minutes of sleep?? Not too bad I guess! So we set off for the Charlotte airport...the easiest drive to Charlotte we've ever had!

We got to the airport and began looking for folks in our group, not that we knew who to look for anyway! But we saw the red shirt for the Baptist men, sucked in our guts and introduced ourselves. Yes, that wonderful man o mine drove me to the airport at 3am! My how times have changed! I guess I didn't realize how long it had been since I had last flown! So many hoops to jump through - and that was just getting out of my car, lol!

Boarding the plane, not so bad, but it was a small plane and on a cloudy morning, well, turbulence wreaks havoc on such small jets. We took off 30 minutes late, but no worries, we made our connector in Miami on time! As we hurdled down the runway in a much larger Boeing 757, I let my mind wander to the journey that God took me on to get me here.

It was a long couple of weeks, Satan messing with me, finding the faith and strength to stick to my committment wasn't easy. I could, and may, write a book on the way God has grown me in the last few weeks!

Come to find out, the other nurses on this trip went through their own trials, all orchestrated by Satan, all schemes to keep us home. But God is bigger that all of that, and here we are. Sitting in a 10x10 room in a concrete building, permeated by the 95 degree heat and 199% humidity. And we are pumped. We are more than excited. Yes, nervous, but so excited to see what God has in store! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment