Friday, March 5, 2010











Praise God above, we are home. I have to say, mission trips like that don't come along very often. It was wonderful, it was sad, it was funny, it was depressing and it was eye opening. It affected me in such a profound way that I cannot even begin to put into words. From the journey that God took me on before the trip ever began to the trip itself and our journey home, well, it would take a book to get it all in! For now, I can just say, God is good. All the time and in all situations. He is amazing in every way, He is beautiful in every way and I pray that with our work in Haiti, His light shined through us. His light is so needed in such a dark place. With mass graves in one place...and hundreds, if not thousands, of bodies still buried underneath the rubble, life still goes on in Haiti. Grieving continues, but is starting to be coupled with thanksgiving for what they do have. Some still have nothing...and as oxymoronic (is that a word???) as it sounds, some have less than nothing? Is that possible? In Haiti it is.








I'll post more...but I want to leave you with something sweet to look at. In the midst of all the despair and void...God still brings life...joy...and happiness to the people of Haiti. Take a look at the pics...more later (after my 36 hour nap...)

No comments:

Post a Comment