Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When I Am Weak...

I know I've talked a lot about my spiritual journey with God before my trip to Haiti ever happened...I've said a lot without giving details. It's still hard to speak of. As soon as I answered God's call to serve in Haiti...satan began his attack. He attacked in the most personal way he could...by whispering lies in my ear. He held the same line of fire the entire couple of weeks...thankfully, God is bigger. Thankfully, God has dominion over my heart and mind...not Satan. I'll get more into what he was lying to me about another time. The biggest thing to know is this...satan is the great deceiver. He will tell you anything to attempt to separate you from God's will. Luckily nothing can separate us from the love of God. What a blessing! It's easy to sit on the outside and say "but those are just lies of Satan, you know better"...when it's a real situation in your life, it's different. What happened in the insuing days was nothing short of glorious and wonderful and painful and hard. God took me to a place I had never been. He required things of me that I've never managed to accomplish before in my walk with Him. It was a time of completely melting me down to the point of being completely reliant on Him...on the Holy Spirit and the comfort He brings us. When we are at our weakest point, He can then mold us to His likeness and fill us with His strength. Then He began this glorious rebuilding process that is still ongoing and I hope never stops. I finally understand...fully comprehend...what it means when ones says "where there is light, darkness cannot be found". When I am fully consumed by God, the Holy Spirit, His Word...in continual prayer and surrounding myself with people of like mind and heart...wow...the possibilities are endless because there is no darkness to be found. My purpose in going to Haiti is still being revealed to me...and I am excited what God has in store (a little scared too! His will can be overwhelming at times!).

Satan is a power that dark..evil...scary...but the victory over him has already been won by One far more powerful and all knowing. His darkness still stries to creep in...but with God's strength, it will not overcome the Light within me!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete