Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's Summer Time and the Livin' Is Easy...

My new name is SLACKER! No seriously, been a while huh? I love blogging but my schedule lately, ahhh...let's just say it's not been time permitting, lol. So much has been going on in the Ward house, I feel overwhelmed sometimes! I've started making some precious little dresses which take up a lot of my time and I love making cupcakes, cakes, desserts and the like...soooo...on top of being God's girl, Paul's wife, Gracie's mommy, church secretary, taxi driver, class mom...okay, I'm getting overwhelmed again! So many hats to wear, so little time to wear them all in, lol.

When I sit back and look at what my days are filled with, sometimes I long for a day of rest and solitude. Do you ever feel that way? I love my full life, but a quiet day here and there is good for the soul. That's why it's so important to make time each day to curl up with those 66 love letters that my Creator wrote for me and to bask in His glory, His awe inspiring Word, His love. Having a daily conversation creates a relationship like no other...displaying complete dependance on Him will carry that into a realm of love and respect like you've never experienced. I have to admit, I've fallen short here lately. I don't do my daily quiet time like I should, do you? This time of year seems so busy...but I'm determined to fall into the lyrics of that rhythmic old song, "It's summer time, and the livin' is easy..." I want that slow down...those days that seem to go on forever and that time to relax and bask in my Father's love and glory...so here's my challenge to you...and to me...every day...between now and September 23 (Fall Equinox), make it a daily habit to find some time and space just for you and your precious heavenly Papa. I know we all try to make the time and a lot of us are successful...but make a special effort to make it more meaningful, more relational. Let's get rid of our religion and focus on our relationship with our Maker...then and only then, can we make the impact on our world that He intends us to...good luck and let me know how you do. To hold myself accountable, I'll blog daily my time with God...I bet He'll give me some good little nuggets to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment