Friday, June 11, 2010

Pretty In Pink...With a Touch of Shrek Green

So today was the last day of school for Davidson County...waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I am not the Mom that regrets her children being home all summer, on the contrary, I am the Mom that relishes every second with the kiddo. I hate to see the end of August roll around and school to start back, it seems like life is moving too fast and I can't catch up...and my baby is growing up too fast! So why the big waaaaaaaaaaaaah? Gracie had such a good year at school...the best teachers a Mama could ask for and we are going to miss them desperately! That being said, the end of school brings great reward too...like running around outside barefoot, catching fireflies at night, eating popscicles outside on a hot day, beach trips and the like...yep, summer is here! But the end of school also brings other rewards. You see, my Mom is a big rewarder, so she decided to give the gift of prissiness to both Gracie and my niece Bella for the end of school and for Bella's recital (she's only 3, so no school yet for her, lol).

Mom found a sweet little salon for little girls close to home called Tickled Pink...and so the afternoon rolls...it was so cute with the feather boas everywhere and the sweet Parisian theme...my 11 month old nephew Brayden loved the boas, lol. Both girls were treated by their "Nina" to a manicure and a pedicure, it was Bella's first, too cute! So after a couple of hours of fruit smoothies, meticulous painting of little fingers and toes and even a nice soak for their feet, we came away with 10 purple toes, 10 Shrek green toenails, 10 green fingernails with yellow polka dots and 10 yellow toenails with green polka dots...I'll let you figure out which is which, ha!

Leaving Gracie to go home with her Nina, I hit I-85 to head home. I got in my thinking mode. I don't always get up and fix my hair...there are even days I go to work - gasp - sans make up! I don't really care how people perceive me, although I have to admit, when the hair is straight and fixed and the make up is on and I'm rockin' one of my favorite outfits, it does give me a self esteem boost. So I wonder...how dressed up do I get for God? Do not get me wrong, I know He cares nothing about my appearance, He created me in His image and loves me just the way He started me out, that's not what I'm saying. Do I give Him my bare minimum or do I dress it up and give Him me at my best? Am I giving Him my leftovers or giving Him the best part of me? I don't even want to answer that, He and I know the answer...I do know this...when I give Him my best...when I go beyond the bare minimun and seek relationship over habit and duty...I get far more than a self esteem boost, I get a Holy Spirit boost.

So what are you giving Him? Don't answer that...just keep it between you and Him...and go dab on a little lip gloss and help me celebrate the end of school and a summer at home with my baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment