Thursday, February 24, 2011

It's Subway or the Highway...

Alrighty...so today wasn't too bad! I woke up this morning with my Bible studying Jesus girls on my heart, so I dove straight into some incoherent early morning prayer time for them, lol. Seriously, I petitioned to God on their behalf and my own behalf as well...I try to do it all day! Ya never know when someone's gonna be driving down the road, needing a snack and see a Hardee's sign beckoning you to fulfill your cravings (ahem, Pam)! Prayers work all day long...as evidenced by my sweet friend that so desired a yummy snack and pulled into a convenient store instead and got an apple :)

My first big challenge of the day was actually having lunch with my kiddo...seriously??!!?? you ask...school lunch was a craving for you Leslie?? Um, well, no...not exactly. I planned to have lunch with Miss G...but kind of had an ulterior motive behind it. See, I didn't have stuff ready to pack her lunch this morning and we were running late...soooooo...yeah, I promised to have lunch with her...that I would BRING her lunch with me :) Yes...a trip to Subway was planned! Unfortunately a little bit of trickery gets involved with buying lunch outside of the school and bringing it in...so I have it figured out. I go in, order the sandwich and have them wrap it in plain cellophane...and toss it in her lunch bag...and presto, lunch from Subway and no one's the wiser :) I was so prepared for this...run into the Subway, grab a sandwich and be on my way...my coworker was buying me a salad from Zaxby's, so I knew I had healthy food coming...and then I walk into Subway. OH. MY. GoOd GrAcIoUs! What in Subway smells so darn good??? Really? It's processed meats and cheeses, I mean, seriously? Girls...some SURIOUS prayer was going on when that craving started! Our amazing God delivered a miracle to me today...and I walked out of that Subway with ONE sub, for the kiddo, a bag of baked chips, for the kiddo...and I hit the highway. It was tough, but I made it! Praise God! I know this sounds funny...but big accomplishment for me to walk out of there without an ooey, gooey, toasted Italian sub loaded with goodies!

Here's my line up of the day: greek yogurt for breakfast, a low fat cheese stick for snack, a grilled chicken salad from Zaxby's for lunch, 1/4 c of walnuts for a snack, and grilled chicken and veggies with mexican rice for suppa...come to find out, that grilled chicken salad from the Zax man wasn't so good for me...live and learn...and check Weight Watcher's points BEFORE ordering next time :)

I am going to steal a quote or two from Lysa's blog from yesterday...they are quotes from her Pastor, Steve Furtick from last week...too good to not pass on...very encouraging, so chew on these some (instead of chocolate peanut butter hearts)...

  • "Sometimes God allows us to see the miracle...sometimes He allows us to BE the miracle."

  • "When you do what you can do, then God will do what only He can do."

Here's some further encouragement from King David...Psalm 20:1-9

"May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble; May the name of the God of Jacob defend you; May He send you help from the sanctuary, and strengthen you out of Zion; May He remember all your offerings and accept your burnt sacrifice. May He grant you according to your heart's desire, and fulfill all your purpose. We will rejoice in your salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions. Now I know that the LORD saves His annointed; He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They have bowed down and fallen; But we have risen and stand upright. Save, LORD! May the King answer us when we call."

Girls, this journey is a tough one...I mean, really, I'm sure NO ONE out there cherishes food as much as I do, but still, it's tough on all involved! God wants us to seek Him in this journey...not just daily...but every time we have a craving...every meal time....every snack time....and times in between. He wants to give us the desires of our heart! We just have to ask Him...He is all powerful, all knowing and loves us more than imaginable...don't you think He wants to give us this victory over food? YES friends! He does!! Does that thrill you? It should! He knows what we are going through now...and He knows we are doing this to strengthen our relationship with Him...and He lOvEs it!

~Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment