Friday, February 25, 2011

Sackcloth and Spandex

Today was an interesting day...to say the least. Right now we are dealing with issues with my nursing home bound grandmother, so that made the day that much more entertaining! God blessed me so much today. I started out my day in prayer for my sweet Jesus sisters on this journey with me...that was a blessing all on it's own! And it's a fun time trying to recall the names and precious faces of my Bible study victims when you are half asleep and bleary eyed...I forged ahead and all is well :) (but if any of you had an odd day, it's most likely because I was praying for your face but someone else's name, lol!!!).

Satan is reading my blog I think. He is seeing my attempts at encouraging emails to my friends too. He has been on the attack today! He and I had to have a conversation this early this morning...well, it was very one sided. I had to explain to him that in Jesus name satan has no dominion over my heart, my mind or my soul. That is Jesus' place in my life. So he just needed to get behind me and forget about ruining my day...the day got markedly better after that :)

So I promised an entertaining blog to my friends today. I shall deliver :) Today was my "Body Analysis" session with my new physical trainer. So I made sure and hit Old Navy earlier in the week for some cheap workout pants (yes, I had some, but needed new ones with no holes :)...armed with my best workout bra, a bottle of water and a check to pay for my torture, I walked into that gym with purpose! I have since decided I need a new workout bra too :) You know...those cute gray spandex pants looked soooo much cuter on at home in my own personal mirror and dim lighting...I was ready to go into mourning and trade them out for the traditional sackcloth of mourning when I saw myself in the wall to wall mirrors at the gym. (I mean really, is all that necessary??) Before my session, I examined myself a little closer. Yep...it looked like my cellulite was dancing to the loud "thump, thump, thump" of the funky music that all gyms play! Really? Dimple dancing is what I call it. Need a self esteem slam? Put on some spandex. Seriously, it wasn't as bad as I make it, although it seemed so at the time!

The analysis itself was a little scary, simply because it made me face the harsh realities of my health (I had already faced the harsh realities of my physique, as described in the previous "spandex is a product of the devil himself" paragraph.) I was weighed...ugh. My body fat was checked...fun times. My BMI was announced as "not quite obese" but I know I was on the border. Reality checks can mean one of two things 1) go wallow in my self pity and have a swiss roll OR 2) do something about it. I choose #2. It's a choice I will have to make repeatedly every day...every meal, every snack. But you know what? I am eXcItEd about this! I am taking control...no no...let me rephrase that...I am taking control of my health and my weight, by letting God take control. I know there will be tough days ahead...days of strong food cravings and days of detest for the gym...but I can do this. I can do ALL things (including this!) through Christ who strengthens me! I just have to ask for it!

Isaiah 43:7
Everyone who is called by My Name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him

Ya'll...don't get lost in that one tiny verse. Everyone who is called by My Name - is that you??? Is that me??? Yes!!!!!!!!!!! Whom I have created for My glory - is that you? is that me?? Yes! We were created for His glory! He says that through Isaiah! Does that give you hope? It should :) The Hebrew of "created" is to "select, feed, dispatch to do". We were all selected for Him to "feed" or grow us, so we could be sent out to "do". The Hebrew for "glory" is...get this...rare. His glory is "rare". There is none like Him...nothing like His glory. And we were selected for it...grown up in our Faith for it...so we can go and do. He is "growing" us now...to go and do. How's your journey? Are you being fed on a level that you can go and do? Or are you standing still? He has a purpose for you in this journey...I promise that...and then, we can experience something very rare...:)

~Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment