Saturday, March 20, 2010

Another birthday is here. When our waiter at Changs told us last night that he is 29, I told him I am too :) Lol...he believed me! Both of my friends that went with me to supper just smiled and nodded and laughed. Trouble is, I think they believed me too! Truthfully I am hitting the big 3-2 today. When I was in my early twenties I remember looking ahead and thinking...man, I really do not want to hit 30. There is such a stigma attached to 30! When I hit 30 two years ago, I was super excited. I couldn't believe 30 was finally here. I felt like I could close the chapter on my twenties and forge ahead. I was ready for new life, new adventures and living every opportunity God gives me in this life to the fullest. Why not? After all, my twenties were hard! I went to nursing school and graduated, got married (not necessarily in that order), started a new career, moved (twice!!), lost loved ones to physical death, had a baby....and so much more. My twenties were just a "starter" decade.

Now I'm on to the good stuff. First of all...the baby is grown up and moving on to begin her 2nd decade on this earth, she'll be ten in October. So life there is easier...for now, lol. I have an amazing kid. My marriage is strong and beautiful and ordained by God and that makes life so grand! We are at a good place in life. My relationship with God is amazing. Words cannot describe where I am at in my walk with God. There is ALWAYS room for improvement and I continually strive to please Him more each day...that being said, I am so in love with my Creator and I cherish our relationship.

We have our daily struggles and our bumps in the road, no doubt about it. But my thirties are fantastic thus far and I look forward to all this decade has to bring. I'm not wearing rose colored glasses by any means, I know life won't always be this grand, but I choose to take this blog, this day and praise God for all He is in my life. I praise Him because He's brought me so far. I praise Him because He will continue to be with me and guide me. When He is for me, no on can be against me. I know there will be more bumps in the road ahead and I know life will be hard at times...but looking back on what we've been through and how God has worked, I can't help but feel optimistic knowing He is in control...in all things...He knows every hair on my head, and I know He has great plans for me (Jer 29:11).

Praise God...Happy Birthday to me...32 isn't too bad...so far!

1 comment:

  1. You know I am not gonna lie and say 32 this year has been easy for me. 32 has been rough for me but I know who holds my hand and who holds my tomorrow and with that grace will I keep on going. Happy Birthday again, sweet sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete