Thursday, October 29, 2009

All in a Trip to the Wal Mart...

What a day! Now that Gracie and I have gotten back into the routine of our usual morning stuff...I'm ready for a break! If I think back, we had a grand total of 10 days off from our routine (including the 5 days she missed when she had the flu). After an entire week of run, run, run, run, run, I'm ready for the weekend! Today was no different. School, work, lunch, post office, school, homework and PTO stuff at school (again...do I spend enough time at school...you think??). So when I get home, I hope to find supper ready, right? Wrong. Me and the hubby got our signals crossed. Of course I'm sure I said something the wrong way when I came in (should I have asked about his day first? probably....) so then of course I KNOW he said something the wrong way and it's ON! Not how I planned my evening to go, unfortunately.

So I order pizza, stick the kid in the shower and write a note to Paul...it said, and I quote, "Gone to Wal Mart, be back next Tuesday...". And I left. I needed perspective. So Wal Mart it is. It doesn't take long to get some perspective there! Between the less than smart drivers between here and there and the interesting crowd that Wal Mart draws at 7:30 on a Thursday evening, my perspective was quite sharpened. It doesn't take but a minute or two in Wal Mart to remember the great life you have waiting on you at home! I'm pretty sure while I'm there I witness a couple of those people that show up on the walmartpeople.com website (check it out if you've never...hours of entertainment!).

So two books and 15 minutes in line later, I'm heading out to the car. Perspective. See...it doesn't take much exposure to God's creations to get "perspective". I can look at the good, the bad and the ugly and know that He is the Creator God and He is in control. I see the good and know that it was all formed at His hand. I see the bad and know that it's for a reason, to somehow, in a twisted, round a bout road get righted and made good. I see the ugly and laugh, knowing God has a sense of humor, haha!

So on the way home, I opted to focus on the brilliant stars scattered across the sky, skillfully and purposefully placed by the same Maker that made me. I ignored the skillful drivers all around and centered on humbling myself, knowing that God placed me then and there, for perspective. Perspective on Him, which in turn gave me the perspective I needed to return home and be the mom and wife He intended for me to be. All in a trip to the Wal Mart...

No comments:

Post a Comment