Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Completely Broken

Broken...do you ever wonder why God allows us to hit bottom? Why He allows us to go through those dips in life? Why He allows us to feel despair...to the point of questioning His faithfulness to us? Do you ever think that? Wonder that?? It's so He can answer those questions. It's so He can pull you into His arms and allow you to feel the fullness of His love. I look at it like this...the military takes young recruits and sends them to boot camp. The break them down until they are completely dissolved or broken. Then, step by step, the military moulds them into what THEY want the recruits to be, so they can be effective soldiers. Well...I think that's what God does too. He allows these trials in life so that, at some point, we will realize that we need to be completely and sweetly broken at the foot of the cross, so that we can be moulded into what God desires for us to be. So that He can build us up to be effective soldiers for Him.

Here are the lyrics to the Jeremy Riddle song...Sweetly Broken...and a link to hear the song..hope you like it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_Z3ZZYLDc

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing
For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is loveAnd God is just
Chorus:At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered
What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been givenThrough Christ crucified
You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into lifeAnd I was under
Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciledC
Chorus:In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness

No comments:

Post a Comment