Friday, September 18, 2009

Too Lazy to Turn the Radio...

I was cruising into the school parking lot this morning, listening to some of my favorite praise and worship music when...da, da, daaaaaaaa...the DJ's started talking. Wah! I am one of those people that could go all day and never listen to a DJ and that would be fine with me (I know, I know, that's what iPods are for...). But, being too sleepy/lazy/apathetic to turn the station or flip it to a CD, I listened. They were interviewing David Nasser...he is speaking at Carowinds Christian music day tomorrow. I so wish I was going - a rainy day mixed with nauseating, migraine instigating rides, followed by loud music and tons of teenagers, wow, my kind of day (10 years ago maybe, and maybe now too if i hadn't been battling a migraine all week!).

If you've never heard or read David Nasser, check him out. I haven't listened to a lot by him, but I do know he collaborated with Mac Powell of Third Day on some of their most popular (and hard hitting) songs on their Glory Revealed CD. Nasser has a real passion for youth, but he also has a passion for souls in general (man, if all Born Again Believers could harness some of that passion and use it for God's glory!!!). Today he made a comment, generic in nature, very unassuming, but quite straight forward and to the point. So many "Christians" today go to church/fellowship/worship because of their religion, not their relationship. Hmmmm...might he be suggesting that a good number of self proclaimed Christians are sitting in church on Sunday, Wednesday, whenever, for religion and not for the relationship God called them to. I believe so. He also made the comment that far too many "Christians" think of Jesus as the sin police, keeping an eye on you, making you feel guilty, even conspicuous, rather than thinking of Him as a Friend, a Savior, a Redeemer, One worthy of all of our praise, honor, glory, awe and love. When I think of that, I cannot even begin to fathom why one would not want, desire, and fight with all that is within them to have a relationship with a man that physically, truly, in a real, human body gave His life, specifically for them. For me. For you. For everyone. Haven't you ever met someone that you instantly wanted to know more about? You wanted to know them, be friends with them, hang out with them? What was the draw? Was it anything nearly as awe inspiring or humbling as knowing they'd give their life for you?

One disclaimer I should issue...when I use the word Christian in quotation marks, please don't think I'm making fun or being disrespectful. You see, so many people call themselves "Christian" today, that true Christ followers are getting a bad name. Because they have some or a few Judeo Christian beliefs they call themselves Christians. I prefer the term born again believer. I have been made new in Christ and I believe wholly in Him. Do you? What place do you fall into? Are you desiring that relationship, or are you in the game for "religion"...or are you in it at all?

I like what those DJ's had to say...I may listen to them talk a little more often...or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment