Monday, September 7, 2009

Sleeping In and Rolling Over

What a day! The journey God took me on today was, well, interesting. I love sleeping in...regardless of what my previous posts said,I don't get to do it very often and with the days I have coming up, it looks like I won't get to any time soon again! So my 8:00am lazy rollover this morning was savored! I love to spend those first few minutes of the day just talking to my Maker...to thank Him for a good night's rest and for, well, what the coming day is going to bring. I know some people scoff at the idea of being thankful for what is yet to come...because, what if your day stinks?? What if you start it off by burning the toast? Coffee pot goes out? You hit your husband's beautiful Chevy silverado for the 2nd time in 6 months while backing out of the driveway (yes, I am now on limited driving privileges in my own driveway, haha!)? You get bad news from the doctor? You get a call about a family member? You get the idea? How am I supposed to be thankful for what I don' t even know is coming?

Here's my theory, fully backed up by God's perfect, Holy, inerrant Word, the Bible. See, God's got my back. When I accepted Him as my Savior, when He sealed me with the Holy Spirit, when He wrote His beautiful promises in those 66 love letters we call the Bible...He guaranteed me that He would be there for me always...through every situation. He promised me that He would never leave me or forsake me. He even gave me a guide, a helper, a comforter, a friend in the Holy Spirit. Does that mean I like it when the bad stuff hits (like my poor friend who came home from a weekend at the beach and found her freezer door had been left open and lost lots and lots of food??)? Absolutely not. Did I question God when my precious father-in-law passed away suddenly from a heart attack... 2 1/2 months before my daughter, his only grandchild, was born?? You better believe I did. When the proverbial crap hits the fan, human nature has a tendency to take over. When Christ became the center of my life (remember from my last blog...this didn't happen as soon as I accepted Christ as my Savior), His reaction took over when the proverbial crap would hit the fan. By praying to see things through His eyes, somehow, when I asked, I received. He allowed me to react in a way that is not of Leslie, it's of Christ. I can't explain that any other way than I finally let God have it all. The good, the bad, the ugly. And youknow what?? He's offered that to all of us, if we'll just stop letting our human nature take over and accept Him for what He is, our Savior. Our Center. Our Hope.

So where did the journey go today? Well...it took me to an apple orchard, a gift from our Maker to show His majesty and love for us. Then to supper with friends and home again. God is good...he blessed me today with a good day, while others I know didn't have such a good day. I pray for those folks, because I know tomorrow it may very well be me that has to face those crappy life obstacles that sometimes come our way. And when the bad does slide in there with the good, I pray I'll react in a way worthy of an heir of Christ. And if I get to sleep in again any time soon...I'll post...:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your post. Lots of food for thought.
    Love you,
    Gwen R

    ReplyDelete